โปรดอัพเดตเบราว์เซอร์

เบราว์เซอร์ที่คุณใช้เป็นเวอร์ชันเก่าซึ่งไม่สามารถใช้บริการของเราได้ เราขอแนะนำให้อัพเดตเบราว์เซอร์เพื่อการใช้งานที่ดีที่สุด

อาชญากรรม

Four police dismissed pending Chinese extortion probe

Thai PBS World

อัพเดต 6 นาทีที่แล้ว • เผยแพร่ 10 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา • Thai PBS World

Four Thai police officers have been dismissed from the force pending investigation into the alleged kidnapping and extortion of Chinese nationals in Sa Kaeo province.

The scandal unfolded in Wang Sombun district of Sa Kaeo province, near the Thai-Cambodian border, when a joint police operation on May 16 rescued five Chinese men allegedly being held captive in a rented house.

Four police officers and one civilian were arrested during the raid.

Investigators said the raid was carried out after the victims managed to contact police through the Line messaging application, claiming that they were being detained by armed men demanding money in exchange for their freedom.

When officers arrived at the property, officials said the Chinese nationals appeared visibly relieved and repeatedly thanked rescuers.

Police seized several handguns, ammunition and two pickup trucks from the scene as evidence.

According to investigators, the five Chinese men had been detained since around 2am on May 16, after the suspects allegedly stopped and handcuffed them under the pretext of immigration violations.

Instead of following legal procedures and transferring the detainees to investigators, the officers allegedly took the men to the house and demanded payment for their release.

The victims told police they were threatened and ordered to pay US$10,000 each (~300,000 baht) to secure their freedom.

Two of the victims allegedly transferred US$2,000 each to the suspects before authorities intervened. Transfer slips totalling US$4,000 were later recovered as evidence.

Investigators said the victims also identified another police officer as allegedly being involved in the operation.

He was not present during the raid, though, because he had reportedly gone out to buy food and drinks.

Trairong Phiwpan, spokesperson for the Royal Thai Police, confirmed that the four officers have been summarily dismissed pending further investigation.

The officers now face multiple charges, including unlawful detention, abuse of authority by state officials, extortion and malfeasance in office.

The civilian suspect has been charged with assisting state officials in committing criminal offences.

All five suspects were remanded in custody by the Sa Kaeo Provincial Court on May 19th, while authorities continue searching for the additional officer allegedly involved.

Investigators later found that the five Chinese nationals had entered Thailand illegally and frequently crossed the Thai-Cambodian border.

Authorities are now examining whether the men may have links to transnational criminal syndicates or online scam networks operating in the region.

Meanwhile, responding to questions about the incident, the Embassy of China in Thailand said in a Facebook post on May 19 that it is treating the case very seriously and had immediately contacted relevant Thai authorities to request detailed information.

The embassy also urged Thai authorities to conduct the investigation in accordance with the law in a fair and transparent manner, swiftly establish the facts of the case and bring all those involved to justice.

The Chinese side said it sincerely hopes that Thailand will further strengthen oversight of law enforcement and public security to protect the lives, property and the lawful rights and interests of Chinese citizens in Thailand.

It also expressed hope that Thailand would maintain a safe and favourable environment for people-to-people exchanges, as well as the longstanding friendly cooperation between China and Thailand.

The Embassy has once again issued an advisory to Chinese citizens residing in or planning to travel to Thailand, urging them to comply strictly with Thai laws and regulations, exercise greater caution regarding personal safety and remain vigilant in protecting their lives and property.

In the event of an emergency, Chinese citizens are advised to report the matter to local police immediately and to contact the Chinese embassy or consulates-general in Thailand for assistance as soon as possible.

ดูข่าวต้นฉบับ
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

ล่าสุดจาก Thai PBS World

State of the Thai economy: Calm before the storm?

6 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

PM labels People’s Party leader “immature”

6 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

M4 rifles seized from Chinese suspect are not state property - Police

6 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

Rare leopard photographed in Kaeng Krachan National Park

7 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

วิดีโอแนะนำ

ข่าว อาชญากรรม อื่น ๆ

ไฟไหม้โรงแรมย่านพัทยา เจ้าหน้าที่เร่งระดมฉีดน้ำสกัด พบผู้สำลักควันหลายราย ล่าสุดควบคุมเพลิงได้แล้ว จ.ชลบุรี

สวพ.FM91

คืบหน้าไฟไหม้โรงแรมพัทยาสาย 3 ต้นเพลิง Rooftop ชั้น 7 บาดเจ็บ 1 ราย

ข่าวเวิร์คพอยท์ 23

ด่วน! ไฟไหม้โรงแรมพัทยาสาย 3 จนท.เร่งช่วยผู้ติดค้างในอาคารจำนวนมาก

ข่าวเวิร์คพอยท์ 23

บุกรวบเครือข่าย เปา K2 ยึดยาบ้าล็อตมหึมา 8.9 ล้านเม็ด ซุกบ้านเช่าปทุมฯ มูลค่าทะลุ 300 ล้านบาท

สยามนิวส์

สภ.ลาดหญ้า แจงปม ร.ต.ต.ลวนลามสาวเสิร์ฟ แจ้งต้นสังกัดเอาผิดทางวินัยถึงที่สุดแล้ว

Thairath - ไทยรัฐออนไลน์

กอ.รมน.ปิดล้อมตลาดเก่ายะลาเจรจาผู้ก่อเหตุเน้นสันติวิธีแนะเลี่ยงพื้นที่

Amarin TV
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...