TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The demonstration against the omnibus law on job creation is planned to take place around the House of Representatives (DPR) building today, August 14, 2020.
The hashtag #JegalOmnibusLaw or Block Omnibus Law widely circulated on Twitter since last night as an invitation for the rally.
Jakarta Metro Traffic Police Director Comr. Sambodo Purnomo Yogo appealed to residents to avoid routes around the DPR. “Namely Jalan Gerbang Pemuda, Tentara Pelajar, Gelora, Palmerah Timur, and Gatot Subroto,” he confirmed on Thursday evening, August 13.
Sambodo said the police prepared a situational traffic engineering, as follows:
- The traffic from Jalan Gatot Subroto heading to the DPR building would be diverted to Jalan Gerbang Pemuda.
- Vehicles from Jalan Gerbang Pemuda bound for Jalan Gatot Subroto would be asked to take a U-turn at Farmasi Flyover to get to Jalan Gerbang Pemuda.
- The traffic from the Inner City Toll Road willing to exit at the Pulo Dua offramp would be directed to go straight towards Tomang Toll Road.
- Vehicles from Jalan Palmerah Timur heading to Jalan Gelora would be rerouted to Jalan Tentara Pelajar.
- The traffic from Jalan Asia Afrika heading to Jalan Gelora would be diverted to the right to Jalan Gebang Pemuda.
- The traffic from Jalan Gerbang Pemuda towards Jalan Gelora would be asked to turn left to Jalan Asia Afrika.
M YUSUF MANURUNG