Jorge Masvidal says Conor McGregor "could have cut the sickest promo of his life" had he called him out after defeating Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 last week.
Despite plenty of rumoured matchups swirling since his MMA comeback, McGregor reiterated that he has no preference on who he fights next.
"He's talking a lot of (expletive) - he doesn't want this," Masvidal said on ESPN's Le Batard and Friends STUpodity podcast. "He could have cut the sickest promo of his life and had everyone talking about it.
"We kind of understand where he's going. There are certain things he said on the microphone like he doesn't feel he's up to speed and needs to work on this or that. I get it, man. Go back in there, there's no rush.
"When you feel you're ready for it, let's do it. I'll go (expletive) up (welterweight champion Kamaru) Usman, meanwhile."
The 35-year-old Masvidal (professional MMA record 35-13) sat Octagon-side to watch McGregor's (22-4) flawless first-round TKO of Cerrone. The Cuban-American praised the Irishman's successful 170 pound welterweight return but warns of their physical mismatch.
"He looked good and a considerable size from before … a lot of the stuff he's always done he's really good at," Masvidal said.
"He brings great speed to this weight class … and there's some elements that I bring that he's never in his (expletive) life experiences. Like the sheer power that I have and explosion. If I explode in his face, it's game over, man. He's never felt power like this in his whole life."
A post shared by ufc (@ufc) on Jan 18, 2020 at 8:02pm PST
Masvidal's decision to wear a McGregor-esque robe to the fight somewhat backfired after McGregor compared him to his grandma. While there was not much fuel added to the Masvidal vs McGregor fight on the night, Masvidal is willing to wait it out.
"The biggest fight in combat sports to make is that fight. Conor's been out for a while, he's up another weight class … let the guy get his groove. I'll still be winning, then he'll be knocking on my door," he said.
Copyright (c) 2020. South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.Artikel Asli