TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesman Teuku Faizasyah has dismissed reports that an Indonesian national has contracted the deadly coronavirus, saying no Indonesian had been infected with the virus to date.
Faizasyah said he had received the confirmation via teleconference involving the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Health Ministry, the Indonesian Consulate General, Students Association, and the Chinese authority.
“The Indonesian government is still keeping a close watch on the developments surrounding the coronavirus,” he told a press conference at the ministry on Monday, January 27, 2020.
He added presently there were at least 243 Indonesians in China, most of them are college students residing in various cities. He said his side had called on the Indonesians to protect their health and stay in touch with the Indonesian government.
He explained there had been no plan to evacuate the Indonesians in the near future, and that the option had been discussed previously.
“Indeed, we have monitored that several nations are planning for evacuation, including France and the US. But technically it will very much depend on the Chinese government,” he said.
ISTMAN MUSAHARUN PRAMADIBAArtikel Asli