TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - An Indonesian migrant worker in Singapore treated for the coronavirus at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) has been declared free of the infection and released from the hospital.
The news was corroborated by the Director for the Protection of Citizens and Legal Entities Overseas of the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Judha Nugraha, based on the information from the Indonesian Embassy (KBRI) in Singapore and the Singapore Health Ministry.
However, Judha said that the female worker refused to expose her identity.
“She did not want to submit her data to KBRI (in Singapore),” said Judha before journalists in Jakarta, Wednesday, February 19.
After being discharged from the hospital, the cured patient’s whereabouts were also not exposed as per her request, Judha added. Referred to the 1961 Vienna Convention, the protection of the consular relations must be with the consent of the related party. “So we must respect her rights,” Judha underlined.
As widely reported, the Singapore Health Ministry announced on February 4 that a 44-year-old migrant worker contracted the pneumonia-like disease. She never traveled to mainland China but worked in a Singaporean household wherein the residents had been tested positive for the virus. The case became the 21st confirmed case of coronavirus infection in Singapore.
As of Tuesday, February 18, the Singapore government reported four new cases, bringing the total to 81 cases. Five patients reportedly had been cured and released, adding to the total cured victims to 29 people, while 48 patients were in stable condition and four others were still treated in the ICU.