TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The body of the foreign national coronavirus suspect who died on February 22 has been buried in the City of Batam. According to the local hospital director, lab tests showed that the deceased was in-fact negative for COVID-19.
“The patient is buried under normal procedures as the deceased tested negative for coronavirus,” said Batam’s Badan Pengusahaan Hospital (RSBP) director Sigit Royanto to Tempo on February 28.
The patient was initially transferred from a private hospital in Batam to an isolation room at the RSBP on February 20, as the patient showed symptoms that mimicked coronavirus.
On February 22, the 61-year-old foreign national succumbed to his illness. At that same day, the hospital sent a lab sample from the man to be tested by the Health Ministry and the result cleared him off of speculation regarding coronavirus.
“On February 24, the lab test came out and reported that the patient tested negative for coronavirus infection,” said Sigit Royanto.
Since the deceased had relatives living in Batam and Singapore, it was decided that the body would be buried in Nongsa, Batam City on February 26. The RSBP so far has treated three coronavirus suspects with two recovering from their illness and one dead.
“All of them tested negative for coronavirus,” he said.
*YOGI EKA SAHPUTRA *Artikel Asli