Indonesia’s Muhammad Attamimi “Atta” Halilintar, 24, who was recently recognized as Southeast Asia's first YouTuber to get more than 10 million subscribers, has been included in the top-10 list of highest paid YouTubers through merchandise and ad revenue compiled by brand merchandise specialist Purple Moon Promotional Products.
As reported by Cosmopolitan, the list ranked Atta in eighth spot with earnings of up to 1.3 million pounds (US$1.59 million) per month. With more than 18.5 million subscribers, the actor and rapper mostly publishes prank videos as well as his own music videos and visits to the houses of Indonesian celebrities.
Read also: Atta Halilintar named Southeast Asia’s first YouTuber with 10 million subscribers
Meanwhile the highest-earning YouTuber this year was 29-year-old Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, known to most as PewDiePie. Recently married to fellow vlogger Marzia Bisognin, PewDiePie currently has over 99.7 million subscribers and is said to earn up to 6.5 million pounds per month.
Purple Moon reportedly compiled these earnings based on the "YouTube money calculator" named Sellfy, which calculates YouTubers' ad revenue based on their views per month combined with the platform's ad payout on average, which can reach 3.29 pounds per 1,000 views. (ran/kes)
Below is the top-10 list of highest-earning YouTubers in 2019 based on their merchandise and ad revenue (in British pounds):
- PewDiePie - 6.5 million per month
- Dude Perfect - 2.8 million per month
- VanossGaming - 2.1 million per month
- DanTDM - 2.1 million per month
- JuegaGerman - 1.8 million per month
- Markiplier - 1.7 million per month
- Collins Key - 1.7million per month
- Atta Halilintar - 1.3 million per month
- jacksepticeye - 1.3 million per month
- Smosh - 1.3 million per month