TEMPO.CO, Jakarta -Metro Jaya Police’s traffic corps director, Comm. Gen. Sambodo Purnomo Yogo says there are 10 types of public transports given the top priority to continue operations under the upcoming PSBB or large-scale social restriction order.
The following are the 10 prioritized means of transportation permitted to operate:
- Trucks carrying medical, healthcare, and sanitation payloads.
- Vehicles transporting basic needs.
- Vehicles that transport staple foodstuffs to traditional markets and supermarkets.
- Vehicles considered vital to maintain the circulation of money.
- Freight trucks carrying fuel and gas.
- Freight trucks carrying raw materials for the manufacturing and assembling industry.
- Trucks vital for the import and export industry.
- Freight forwarding services.
- Buses carrying workers.
- Ferry boats.
Despite establishing the permitted means of transportation allowed to operate under the city’s large-scale social restriction order, other means of transportation are still permitted to operate within city confines but with a restricted number of passengers per vehicle. This will be overseen in a soon-to-be-updated Jakarta Governor’s Regulation.